About Me

My photo
Previously a private banker, now an avid cookie artist and a full time mum of 2 who moved from Sydney to the buzzing city of Hong Kong. I started decorating cookies since Jan 2014 and it's my passion to create cookies that bring a smile on everyone. Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/cookieandme

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Frozen Cookie Tutorial - Anna and Elsa color mix

Here is my version of Anna and Elsa from Frozen. I don't have a Kopykake projector (a vertical standing projector which lets you projects any print image onto a cookie) but I can draw freehand. Although I believe having a Kopykake would cut down on the time taken to do these. So please Santa, I have been a good girl this year and I wish wish wish to have a Kopykake for the coming Christmas!


For now, I can only go with the paper cutting method. Kopykake will also improve on position precision...


I do make mistakes, and then I test all the effects and colours on this 'mistake' cookie. Gives me nightmares looking at this...


This time I am trying to pipe the eye area instead of hand painting them. I find it more challenging but the dimension does turn out looking better. What do you think? Most people probably don't care?

Oh, I love making puffy cheeks!



Many colours are involved with Anna and Elsa, here is how I mix them, using Americolor gel...

Anna
Hair - start with a bit of Chocolate Brown + mix in Super Red until desired colour is reached
Hair strand - Ivory + mix in Warm Brown until desired colour is reached
Eye brow - Chocolate Brown + a hint of Super Black
Skin tone - Ivory + a hint of deep pink
Lips - Deep Pink + Super Red + Leaf Green to tone it down
Cloak - Electric Purple + Chocolate Brown until desired colour is reached (paint the darker part)
Inner dress - Lemon Yellow + a hint of Warm Brown to tone it down, Super Black

For more pictures, go to my Facebook Page.

Elsa
Hair - A hint of Lemon Yellow, Ivory and Super Black to tone it down (start very little with each colour)
Skin tone - see Anna
Dress - Sky Blue + a hint of Leaf Green + a hint of Royal Blue to tone it down (also used for Anna's inner dress)
Lighten this with additional royal icing for the cape

I gave up drawing in the 10 years I worked in the financial industry. I have only picked it up again since I begin cookie decorating half a year ago. An Auntie once told me not to ever give up on drawing. Unfortunately, I did give up and I lost my imagination along with it. But now that I have picked it up again, it felt GREAT! So thank you Auntie Vivian for believing in me.



2 comments: