About Me

My photo
Previously a private banker, now an avid cookie artist and a full time mum of 2 who moved from Sydney to the buzzing city of Hong Kong. I started decorating cookies since Jan 2014 and it's my passion to create cookies that bring a smile on everyone. Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/cookieandme

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Mother's Day flower and vase cookie

Shout out to all the mothers out there - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. Then again, I think it's mother's day EVERYDAY!


I was so convinced that I am going to write a step by step process with this set of cookies, but... have you ever been so concentrated in doing something that you completely ignore/forget what the world is like around you? No, this is not a mother still having a baby brain. But... because this is my first time on trying out the brush embroidery, I was so into it that I completely forgot to take photos of the steps.

Here's the process in words only...
Leaves
- Pipe one side using 20 second icing, let dry for 20 minute or so (preferred humidity 60-65%) then pipe the other side to create the layer effect.
Flowers
- Flood the flowers and let completely dry before the next step of brush embroidery. Tutorial at SweetAmbs.
Tip: I find it easier to brush with a wet brush tip (dip it in clean drinking water), blot dry on clean squeeze dried wet towel before brushing the strokes.
Vase
- Flood the vase, let dry completely and pipe patterns of your choice.

These look so elegant, I'm sure you are going to see me practicing a lot more brush embroidery for the cookies to come~



No comments:

Post a Comment