About Me

My photo
Previously a private banker, now an avid cookie artist and a full time mum of 2 who moved from Sydney to the buzzing city of Hong Kong. I started decorating cookies since Jan 2014 and it's my passion to create cookies that bring a smile on everyone. Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/cookieandme

Sunday 16 March 2014

Baking cookies - getting the recipe right

Here are the photos of our first few times of baking butter cookies. I said 'our' because I did them with my lovely 5 year old. Baking is such a perfect mother-daughter bonding moment.

I think my daughter's creativity sometimes exceeds mine, I particularly like her handbag in the left photo, and chocolate sprinkles as Hello Kitty's whiskers in the right photo. She has such delicate handwork.


Kids love sprinkles... so do I...


Trying my hands on piping for the very first time before my tools arrive (below). I used an Ikea food bag by cutting an extremely tiny hole at the corner. The lace patterns were inspired by Sugarbelle. She is my virtue 'teacher' and I learn nearly everything from her blog, I also use her cookie recipe with all the cookies posted here.


Outling and flooding with proper tools for the first time as they gradually arrived. Mixing and getting the right colours I wanted can be such a challenge, I really need to work on that. I got all my Americolor food colouring gels from Sweet Decorations. Photos of my collection can be found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment