About Me

My photo
Previously a private banker, now an avid cookie artist and a full time mum of 2 who moved from Sydney to the buzzing city of Hong Kong. I started decorating cookies since Jan 2014 and it's my passion to create cookies that bring a smile on everyone. Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/cookieandme

Saturday 22 March 2014

Chanel cookies


One of my close friend's birthday is approaching, I am taking this opportunity to make custom cookies especially for her. I need to decide on a theme and she inspires me to make it Chanel.

My idea is to make edible bracelets and charms. Alright, I will also throw in a 1:4 WOC cookie, as I am always looking for ways to apply and learn new techniques whenever I plan for my next set of cookies. After some fun on making my own custom cutters from the previous baby set, this time I get to practice on how to pipe quilted patterns, piping chains and applying pearl dust. I learnt these techniques from another very talented cookie artist called SweetAmbs.

The basics of this set...


Which soon turned not so simple anymore. It took me forever to add the hoops onto the 'charms'!

Every girl wants a piece of me!

Trying different ways to package...


Personally, I think they look gorgeous. It's amazing how such simple shapes and colours can create such elegant theme. In fact, a common feedback I am getting lately is that they are too pretty to be eaten! Anyway, I hope someday I get to make these for you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment