About Me

My photo
Previously a private banker, now an avid cookie artist and a full time mum of 2 who moved from Sydney to the buzzing city of Hong Kong. I started decorating cookies since Jan 2014 and it's my passion to create cookies that bring a smile on everyone. Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/cookieandme

Sunday 16 March 2014

Valentine's Day Cookies

I am taking every Special Day opportunities to make cookies and February has one of the biggest day for cookie decorators - Valentine's Day! There are soo many beautiful designs on the web and it's hard deciding which ones I really like to make (too many!!!) and practice on the different techniques.

Here is my second set of decorated cookies. Enjoy~

From these...
Inspired by Sugarbelle

To this...

And more...
Inspired by Sugarbelle

And more...

And all wrapped to go...

The Keroppi and Rilakkuma cookies were custom made for my daughter's favourite teachers.

I didn't stop here... I was already designing Valentine's Day cookie for next year, and I have nailed down my final designs, my very own design that belongs to ME. Can't wait to show the world!!!

How I did it:
As a full time mum of 2 young kids, I am lucky if I can find straight hours of uninterrupted cookie time, hence I am not able to document step by step my cookie making process with photos. But if you are dedicated in making fancy cookies like me, I strongly recommend you to go through Sugarbelle's website where you can find details of all these techniques and more. Here are words summary of the techniques that I've applied in this set of cookies and you are always welcome to leave me questions and comments, I will try my best to respond to you.

Combining two cutters:
The flying heart wings were made by cutting another slightly smaller heart shape in half.
The leaves of the roses were added to raindrop, tomb shape and bell cutters with some minor trimming.

The love birds on the tree branch is a mouth cutter. I tweaked it to make more length.

Draw and then cut the outline of Keroppi and Rilakkuma on a piece of paper, chase the outline onto the cookie with food colouring pen, use a pin to poke the position of the eyes, mouth, nose and ears, and the rest is drawn freehanded before piping.



No comments:

Post a Comment